Friday, January 10, 2014

Diva Challange #149 Twenty Fourteen

This year one of my art goals, in addition to participating in more of the Diva's challenges, will be to take better pictures of my art.  I admit to being in a bit of a hurry when taking the pics of my 2014 tangles so the pictures are admittedly not my best work.  The picture irony here is that my husband and both of my daughters have taken a ton of photography classes and you'd think that I could get them to take decent pictures.  Side note about photography...my husband and I bought a SLR digital camera about two years ago with all these bells and whistles on it ostensibly for both of us to use; me for taking pictures of my art and him to take pictures of whatever plant, flower, insect, or weird unknown blob of junk in the garden. Seriously, who are we really kidding here, it was all for him. He decided that taking classes at the camera shop would be a good "date night" and I would also learn how to use this camera. Maybe this was his idea to lend credibility to the idea that the camera was really for us or maybe he wanted to see my eyes glaze over and roll back into my head as soon as the instructor began trying to shove two hours of useless information into my head without permission.  Either way, I tried to be a good sport, but sitting through what felt like two years of camera-speak each week squeezed into two hours was testing my patience and my ability to stay awake.  He should know me by now...if the camera has an "automatic" setting, that's all I care about and I can find it without sitting through six weeks of classes.  Now the challenge is to find good photo editing software and learn how to use it. Maybe a program that can just read my mind and automatically fix my photos with minimal manipulation. Ok, my dreaming may have just crossed a line...Anyway, thanks Diva for the challenge, I look forward to more this year.

Dot

1 comment:

  1. Nice tiles, especially the one with the bubbels.
    Your post made me smile, I love the photo's my daughter makes, she is a really talented photografer, but I just want a camera without all the complicated things.

    ReplyDelete